The SIG Online Learning Program is open to students ages 7-12.
Spring 2015 Session Dates: February 11 - April 7, 2015
This program is no longer accepting applications.
Online Learning Program
The SIG Online Learning Program is an exciting 8-week online program for gifted and talented students. These courses offer students curriculum beyond what is offered during the school day, are wide-ranging in potential interest areas for individualized learning, and engage students in hands-on learning while applying school content through speaking, writing, researching, analyzing, reasoning, and questioning.
- Time spent on course assignments will vary by class and instructor, average course time is between 3-5 hours per week, self paced.
- Participation in online discussions and group projects are key components to our learning community.
- Instructor office hours ensure communications at your convenience.
- Students are given access to their own personal Student Portal where they can access their online class, upload a photo and meet their Online Program Director.
- Each course begins with a "getting to know SIG online" scavenger hunt, as well as a pre-assessment so that instructors can get to know more about each student and their learning style.
- At the end of the course, the instructor will complete a comprehensive Student Performance Review which will be based on individualized objectives and goals.
See the Online Learning Program FAQs.
"Enrolling my son in this program was one of the best things I could do for him. Initially, I wasn't sure if an online program would work but my son took to it beautifully. It was a great pace, there were similar students on his level both academically and socially and the teacher was helpful, approachable and always available." - 2014 Summer Online Parent