The SIG Online Learning Program is open to students ages 7-12.
Fall 2014 Session Dates: September 24 - November 18, 2014
Registration deadline extended: Apply by September 17, 2014
Online Learning Program
The SIG Online Learning Program is an exciting 8-week online program for Gifted and Talented students. These courses offer students curriculum beyond what is offered during the school day, are wide-ranging in potential interest areas for individualized learning, and engage students in hands-on learning while applying school content through speaking, writing, researching, analyzing, reasoning and questioning.
- Time spent on course assignments will vary by class and instructor, average course time is between 3-5 hours per week, self paced.
- Participation in online discussions and group projects are key components to our learning community.
- Instructor office hours ensure communications at your convenience.
- Students are given access to their own personal Student Portal where they can access their online class, upload a photo and meet their Online Program Director.
- Each course begins with a "getting to know SIG online" scavenger hunt, as well as a pre-assessment so that instructors can get to know more about each student and their learning style.
- At the end of the course, the instructor will complete a comprehensive Student Performance Review which will be based on individualized objectives and goals.
"Enrolling my son in this program was one of the best things I could do for him. Initially, I wasn't sure if an online program would work but my son took to it beautifully. It was a great pace, there were similar students on his level both academically and socially and the teacher was helpful, approachable and always available." - 2014 Summer Online Parent