The goal of SIG is to provide an exceptional three week experience by creating a community of student learners who share common interests, abilities, and goals. It is the team responsibility to promote a safe environment where students can grow intellectually, socially, and emotionally.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and clerical assistance to the Director, Instructors, parents, and students. He/she coordinates messages and information, assists in data input, scheduling, and various administrative projects, provides clerical functions, and distributes mail. The Administrative Assistant receives and directs all visitors, students, parents, and staff at the campus location. He/she facilitates duties as assigned by the Director in the set-up of the administrative office prior to registration. This is a residential position with daytime, evening, and weekend hours of responsibility. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director.
- Must be at least 18 years old by June 1st of the program year
- Have completed minimum of at least one (1) year of college
- Equivalent work experience and/or training in administrative procedures
- Some experience with computer software programs: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- One (1) year of experience as an administrative assistant and/or in a clerical position
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, organize and follow through on details, and complete tasks in a reasonable time with limited supervision
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the SIG program
- Shares knowledge of information with others, provides quality customer service, and respects and works as a team to accomplish program goals
- Attends and participates in the staff orientation prior to the beginning of the session.
- Assists with the coordination/implementation of student registration on the opening day of program.
- Attends assigned staff meetings.
- Greets and directs visitors to the program, answers telephone calls, and provides administrative support to the Director, instructors, students, parents and administrative office.
- Coordinates the acquisition and purchase of office supplies.
- Coordinates administrative support for the SIG office.
- Implements the organization and set-up of the administrative office and its paperwork, and assists with assigned duties as assigned by the Director.
- Copies documents, files information, and organizes forms.
- Receives and communicates telephone messages to staff and students.
- Distributes daily mail to Director and staff.
- Assists the Nurse with medical transportation to the doctor or emergency center for students and staff.
- Attends and assists with the closing day procedures.
- Attends and assists with program needs during Parent Visitation Day.
- Works in cooperation with the Office Manager and Counselors assigned to the office.
- Assists or leads a “Saturday Get Away Trip” as assigned by the Director.
The Summer Institute for the Gifted is an equal opportunity employer.