We welcome our international students (defined as any student whose attendance requires a visa to attend SIG) and value the richness of diversity in culture and orientation they bring to our programs.
- For international students, Type I eligibility processes apply.
- A high level of English language proficiency in speaking and writing is necessary for students to integrate successfully into the SIG academic program. International students are required to provide evidence of their English proficiency through the submission of standardized English language test scores(i.e. - TOEFL™, TOEFL Junior™, ELTIS) or a school transcript indicating a proficient(A or B or the equivalent) grade in English courses. A Skype interview may be required.
- All international applications must be received by May 1, 2017, as there is limited enrollment accepted per country per campus.
- We recommend that students check with their embassy regarding local visa requirements. All payments are due in U.S. dollars and must be received by the payment due date noted on selected campus page. Please note there is an additional international student fee (for students traveling with a visa). The cost is $250 for residential students and $150 for commuter students. This fee includes bedding (residential students) and additional international student insurance, which is required.
- At the beginning of the program, the Residential Life Dean will ensure that the students’ passports and valuables are collected during registration, safely stored, and returned at the end of the session.
- SIG will assist with travel arrangements from airports to campuses only if requests and flight details are communicated at least one month in advance (no exceptions). All students are responsible for making their own air travel arrangements.
- Travel arrangements can be made in the student portal under “My Travel Plan”.
- If you’ve signed up for SIG transportation arrival and departure service, your child’s greeter name and contact information will be emailed to you approximately one week prior to each travel date.
Please note that transportation fees are not included in the program
- If your child requires transport only (to and from designated local airports) the price is $125 each way.
- If your child requires transport (to and from designated local airports) AND unaccompanied minor service, the price is $250 each way.