We welcome our international students (defined as any student whose attendance requires a visa to attend SIG) and value the richness of diversity in culture and orientation they bring to our programs.
- For international students, Type I and Type II eligibility processes apply.
- Students need a high level of English language proficiency in speaking and writing to integrate successfully into the SIG academic program. International students are required to provide evidence of their English proficiency through the submission of standardized English language test scores(i.e. - TOEFL™, TOEFL Junior™, ELTIS) or a school transcript indicating a proficient(A or B or the equivalent) grade in English courses. A Skype interview may be required.
- All international applications must be received by May 1, 2019, as there is limited enrollment accepted per country per campus.
- We recommend that students check with their embassy regarding local visa requirements. All payments are due in U.S. dollars and must be received by May 15, 2019. Please note there is an additional international student fee (for students traveling with a visa). The cost is $250 for residential students and $150 for commuter/day students. This fee includes bedding (residential students) and additional international student insurance, which is required.
- At the beginning of the program, the Residential Life Dean will ensure that the students’ passports and valuables are collected during registration, safely stored, and returned at the end of the session.