If your flight or train is cancelled and/or changed, please call the SIG Office at your campus location (details will be included in the Final Bulletin in early June) so we can meet you at your designated airport at the correct time.
- Packing List: A campus specific packing will be uploaded to your Summer Portal.
- Airport Check-In: Please check in online within 24 hours of your flight. All SIG staff members arrive on-campus one week prior to the program; therefore, there will not be a SIG representative at your home airport or on any flight. The Counselor or admin that is on site would communicate with the campus office and relay information about changes to the team on site.
- Online Check-In and Baggage Fees: Please check-in online and pay your baggage fees within 24 hours of your departure time. If your luggage is overweight, please make sure you arrive at the airport early to pay excess bag fees. It is the student’s/parent’s responsibility to pay these fees for both their departure and return flights.
- Arrival: SIG Resident Counselors (RCs), wearing bright red SIG shirts and carrying SIG signs, will meet all students. Staff will greet and direct students to our charter buses/vans which will take them to your residence hall.
- At the airport, SIG Staff will meet students at Baggage Claim or outside Customs for international flights.
- Transfer Arrangements: To ensure that you will be met at the airport, a copy of your itinerary must be uploaded to your SIG Summer Portal no later than June 15th, 2023.
- Airline Unaccompanied Minor Status: Take note that most airlines do not require unaccompanied minor status for students under 16 years old. Please see the website of your child’s airline for the specific requirements/policies.
- If the airline carrier requires unaccompanied minor status for your child:
- Contact the SIG office on-campus the day before departure to find out which SIG staff member will meet your child at the airport. This is the only name you should include when requesting unaccompanied minor status for your child.
- DO NOT give the airline a specific name until you speak to the SIG office on-campus.
- DO NOT give the name of the Campus Specialist on any Unaccompanied Minor form as they WILL NOT be at the airport on arrival day.
- Any additional fees must be paid at the airport by the parent when leaving for campus, and by the student upon their departure from campus.
- Driving to Campus: You will receive information about exactly where to drop off students via your Summer Portal.
- Cars: Students may not have a car on campus and may not drive to campus on their own.
- Airport to Campus Transportation Arrangement: If your student is taking a flight to or from campus and needs to be picked up from or taken to the airport, please check which airport SIG provides transportation services to and from for your campus location. This campus specific information will be available in your Summer Portal.
- Food for Thought: The first meal served on-campus will be dinner the day of arrival; the last meal served on-campus will be breakfast on the day of departure.