SIG Online Learning Program
Fall 2018 Session Dates: September 17 - November 11
Program Fee: $425*
Application Fee: $50
Returning SIG student discount: $25 off
*Fee does not include cost for books, if applicable
Application deadline: Monday, September 10, 2018
8-Week Online Enrichment Courses for Gifted and Talented Children Ages 7-12
Students Enjoy Innovative Online Courses in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) and Humanities
SIG Online is an engaging eight-week online program for Gifted and Academically Talented students. These courses offer students curriculum beyond what is offered during the school day, are wide-ranging in potential interest areas for individualized learning, and engage students in authentic learning while applying school content through speaking, writing, researching, analyzing, reasoning, and questioning.
- Time spent on course assignments will vary by class and instructor; average course time is between 4-6 hours per week, self-paced.
- Online discussion forums are key components to our learning community.
- Instructor office hours ensure communications at your convenience.
- Students are given access to their own personal Student Portal where they can access their online class, upload a photo and meet their Online Program Director.
- Each course begins with a "getting to know SIG online" scavenger hunt, as well as a pre-assessment so that instructors can get to know more about each student and his or her learning style.
- At the end of the course, the instructor will complete a comprehensive Student Performance Review which will be based on individualized objectives and goals.
Returning Online students receive a $25 discount off the program fee.
See the Online Learning Program FAQs.
This program is open to any student who has been identified for a gifted & talented program or who can demonstrate eligibility for any SIG program or have participated in any SIG program.
Visit our eligibility page for SIG admissions requirements
"This is our second SIG online course and we just signed up for another this fall. The classes are stimulating; the teachers find incredible online resources that engage the kids and the forum really provides a classroom feel. We highly recommend SIG Online and have recommended it to many friends." ~ Parent, Summer Online 2016
"SIG is a great academic program that allows the conscientious student to enjoy the summer activities without feeling the constraints of daily school routines. The courses offered and curriculum are at a high level. My son looks forward to SIG each year!" ~ Parent, Summer Online 2016