SIG Online Learning Program
Summer 2017 Session Dates: June 14 - August 11, 2017
Program Fee: $425
Application Fee: $25
Application deadline: May 31, 2017
8-Week Online Enrichment Courses for Gifted and Talented Children Ages 7-12
Students Enjoy Innovative Online Courses in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) and Humanities
SIG Online is an engaging eight-week online program for Gifted and Academically Talented students. These courses offer students curriculum beyond what is offered during the school day, are wide-ranging in potential interest areas for individualized learning, and engage students in authentic learning while applying school content through speaking, writing, researching, analyzing, reasoning, and questioning.
- Time spent on course assignments will vary by class and instructor; average course time is between 3-5 hours per week, self-paced.
- Online discussions and group projects are key components to our learning community.
- Instructor office hours ensure communications at your convenience.
- Students are given access to their own personal Student Portal where they can access their online class, upload a photo and meet their Online Program Director.
- Each course begins with a "getting to know SIG online" scavenger hunt, as well as a pre-assessment so that instructors can get to know more about each student and his or her learning style.
- At the end of the course, the instructor will complete a comprehensive Student Performance Review which will be based on individualized objectives and goals.
Returning Online students receive a $25 discount off the program fee.
See the Online Learning Program FAQs.
This program is open to any student who has been identified for a gifted & talented program or who can demonstrate eligibility for any SIG program or have participated in any SIG program.
Visit our eligibility page for SIG admissions requirements
"Enrolling my son in this program was one of the best things I could do for him. Initially, I wasn't sure if an online program would work but my son took to it beautifully. It was a great pace, there were similar students on his level both academically and socially and the teacher was helpful, approachable and always available." - 2014 Summer Online Parent